Friday, May 11, 2012
Welp, I erased the original TQ EPROMs and reprogrammed them and it did not solve the problem. So I am stumped. This is very discouraging. I did take a bunch of pictures of my TQ board so that I don't have to take the top board off to see what's on the bottom board again (it is a huge pain to get it back together). This means that my fix for Thayer's Quest on Dexter is delayed indefinitely. :(
Tuesday, May 8, 2012
The EPROM programmer has arrived as you can see. That's the good news. The bad news is I read both of my Thayer's Quest EPROMs and they had no errors on them. They matched the Thayer's Quest ROM images that everyone has. Oddly enough, they were placed on the board as you see them in the pictures; without proper protection from UV light. So may last hope is to try to erase them and reprogram them and see if that changes anything. I've got a sinking feeling in my stomach that it won't make any difference though.
Monday, May 7, 2012
Friday, May 4, 2012
Well, I still haven't been able to get my Thayer's Quest board to work which means that I can't fix the Dexter firmware to work with Thayer's Quest. I decided that it's time I had my own tools to verify/write my EPROMs. So I have ordered the necessary tools to program and erase my EPROMs. I am going to try reading my Thayer's Quest ROMs and comparing them to known good dumps. I am really hoping to find some discrepancies. If the ROMs are good then I will be forced to ship my boards to someone more knowledgeable than I.